Fertcare Handling is suitable for people involved in the direct handling of fertilizers, particularly in relation to storage, handling, professional application and general rural merchandise roles.
Fertcare Handling training requires the completion of a compulsory core module - Product Knowledge - which provides a basic understanding of fertilizer compost and soil ameliorant products including:
- Physical identification
- Understanding labels
- Storage and handling characteristics
- The main environmental and food safety risks
Fertcare Handling also has two elective units:
- Storage - covers topics such as regulations, solid and liquid fertilizer storage issues, and port operations
- Application - participants can choose from broadcast spreading of solid fertilizer, banding solid and liquid fertilizer or boom liquid fertilizer application methods.
Accessing Fertcare Handling Training:
All Fertcare Handling modules are delivered via a contemporary web platform, hosted by NSW DPI’s, Tocal College which can be accessed HERE .
The course is available to anyone. Members of Fertilizer Australia and AFSA are eligible for a discount on course costs.
The cost per person for twelve months access to all the Fertcare Handling training resources is outlined below.
- 1 - 9 participants - $700 +GST and credit card charges, available to anyone
- 10 - 19 participants 10% discount, available to Fertilizer Australia and AFSA members only
- 20 - 29 participants 20% discount, available to Fertilizer Australia and AFSA members only
- 30+ participants 29% discount, available to Fertilizer Australia and AFSA members only
The member volume discount can be accessed by requesting a discount code for the relevant number of Fertcare Handling participants from the Fertcare Customer Service Manager (E: firstname.lastname@example.org) and entering the code when registering.
Staff can register and pay for the Fertcare Handling training with a credit card here. After the payment has been authorised, a central administration person from within your business can provide staff access to the training resources by providing their name and email address.
If you change employment after you have completed Fertcare training, please advise the Fertcare Customer Service Manager of the change (P: 02 6230 6987 E: email@example.com)
Fertcare® is a registered trade mark, action will be taken against organisations or individuals for unauthorized use.